Ahh...and here I am, finally entering a world that so many younglings use as a means of blowing off steam. Well, that or complaining about life. Rest assured, I intend to do both.
Honestly, it's midnight. I'm tired and feeling entirely un-creative. Why, you might ask, am I here?
Because I'm BORED, and I'm not tired enough to sleep. Deal with it.
Although, I do think I will head up to my coffi-I, ahem, mean my night chambers. Yes. Indeed. I had absolutely no intention of admitting that I am, in fact, a vampire. One that's too cool to sparkle, mind you. Don't go being racist against vampires, assuming that all we do is angst and glow in the dark.
Anywhoo, I'll probably head up to my night chambers after I finish doing whatever it is that I am doing on this blog.
Honestly, this thing is probably more for my own enjoyment than for anyone else. I'm not sure if that's the purpose, but that's the idea that I got. I want to look back on this blog in twenty years and say: "Wow, and I thought that my life sucked then!"
But seriously, if anyone is reading my blog, all I really want for them is to find some connection with my ranting to their life and maybe find a way to solve their own problems. Aww, ain't I such a little sucker? *slaps self in a spontaneous act of masochism*
Oh!
Onto a subject that may actually be ranted about: I hate boys!
Y'know, I know they always complain about us being hung up on stuff that they do, but I find this extremely hilarious, when having experienced it with my significant other.
So, I have officially joined the ranks of the "been stood up for guy friends and video games". I totally get the whole "bros before hoes" thing, but you'd think that, as the girlfriend, you're more important than Starcraft 2.
Boys, you may object to this as you see fit.
Still, I find it frustrating that video games have come into play (pardon the pun) with my relationship more than I care them to. I mean, I have fun playing them with said boyfriend, but honestly, I draw the line at not being able to see someone just because a video game came out, and he'd rather play it than see me.
Anyone agree with me? Anyone at all?
This, I find, is something that screws with SO many relationships in the world. I mean, guys (not all, some) claim that they love affection. I mean, they want to always be hugging you and stuff. That's nice. I appreciate it. It's a good feeling, I will not lie. HOWEVER, I do find quarrel with the fact that they then turn around and leave you (being me, and yes this did happen) walking to their house for a date, getting there, realizing that they aren't home, sitting around for half an hour, and then walking home in the rain. Being stood up is NOT a nice feeling.
But I think that the part that bothered me the most wasn't even that he had the gall to say: "sorry! I was over at my friend's house playing video games all night and slept in until three!" (First of all, a little communication would have been nice. I had been put in charge of the time of our date, and I had emailed him that morning saying to get together at two. He knew that he was waiting on the times from me. In fact, we had discussed getting together that afternoon the night before, when he was online, since he doesn't own a cellphone).
Yes, what really got on my nerves was the fact that he was sorry, but it wasn't really his fault because he didn't think we were getting together in the afternoon. Assuming makes an ass out of u and me? I think so. I don't know if I'm oversensitive, but that struck a chord. At least he could own up to the fact that he screwed up significantly! I mean, the lack of communication in this relationship (since the only way I can ever get a hold of him is through email) is startling and concerning to say the least.
Oh, and you know how girls love it when their boyfriend calls them? Two-and-a-half months into the relationship and I've never been called once. I had to give him my phone number, since he never asked for it. Both of my phone numbers, actually. You'd think he'd catch the hint and give it a go.
And....this has turned into a rant about relationships. Oh, the cliche! It's burning my nerdy soul!
Well, the late night news just ended, and I am starting to feel like my chair is a couple hundred feet off of the ground. Who knows? It might be. But that smoke cloud that I walked through today might not have been cigarettes. I reiterate: who knows?
God, I feel so much better now. I recommend blogging as a therapeutic means to ranting about life to all who have life to rant about.
~~ThE nErD
P.S. Good song? I'm Alive by Becca. Very catchy tune, if I do say so myself. :3

1 comments:
*Grins* I have a feeling I will be following your blog with joy.
Boys and their toys -.-" Honestly, I don't have a boyfriend, BUT I do know of a couple whose relationship will probably go down the drain pretty soon because of the guy's constant video gaming O_O
I, personally, like to game too (Being able to curse and scream, "DIE! DIE ALREADY!" at the computer screen is just far too awesome to pass up), but not to the extent that... Well I don't have a life outside it O.o
Post a Comment