Bob: Hey, Sandra. How are you?
Sandra: I'm great, Bob. You?
Bob: I'm fine, I'm fine. How are you liking your philosophy course?
Sandra: It's okay.
Bob: I love it. I was thinking about ethics, and that debate we were in, and I've decided that your views are wrong and have absolutely zero justification whatsoever.
Sandra: What?
....See, as Sandra has just discovered, Bob needs something called a FILTER.
This is actually based off of similar conversations that I've had in my own philosophy course. I've found that certain friends of mine get straight-up vicious when it comes to arguing their views. They'll ask what I think of something, I'll give my views on it, and then they'll pretty much tell me how I'm wrong. Or they'll be like: "Okay, those are your views." And then they'll mock me.
If this wasn't someone that I was friends with, I probably wouldn't care too much. Still, this is the same friend who partakes in making fun of how I LOOK with another supposed friend. They get pretty brutal sometimes, enough that other friends have commented on the situation.
This behaviour frustrates me with a capital FRUSTRATES. Yeah. I'm being snippy.
Anywhoo, I think the problem is still the people that I hang out with. This is just another short rant, because I just finished all of my Data work and am waiting for class to end...so I'm amusing myself. I like to get out my frustration by working out sometimes, but when I don't have access to a gym, ranting helps too.
Actually, for those of you who don't often go to a gym: get a membership. Not only does the gym help you get into and stay in shape, it really is quite the stress reliever. Speaking as a female computer geek, I never thought of myself as one who'd enjoy going off to pump iron. I sort of thought that was better saved for athletes. Boy, was I wrong. It's actually quite fun.
But seriously: it's totally worth every penny you spend if you make yourself go a few times a week. Honestly, you only need to donate like two hours a week (go for like thirty to forty minutes per session). Your stress levels will thank you.
Second Chance At Education
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment